At a time when the Vietnamese comic market has limited “playgrounds” for the development of this industry, COMINK COMIC CONTEST was born as a great spiritual encouragement for young artists, creating the premise for the next generations to bring Vietnamese comics to the world in the future.
COMINK COMIC CONTEST 2022 is designed specifically for young people who have a passion for composing comics. The contest will be held annually, starting from July 24, 2022 and ending at the end of July 2023.
In particular, the total prize value is up to USD 12,000. In addition, the contest also featured an “AWESOME” jury, the art lecturers from prestigious universities, film producers and directors, and famous artists.
- All Vietnamese comic enthusiasts.
- Open to teams (max 3 leaders/ representatives, no limit to the maximum number of members) and individual creators with no age, gender and religion restrictions.
- For authors/groups of authors under the age of 18, a guardian/ representative is required.
- Contestants are welcome to submit multiple works.
- Contestants have the right to submit their stories and characters that they have participated in in other contests, programs, and platforms, but contestants are required to own the copyright to the story and characters of the participating work to be able to attend COMINK COMIC CONTEST
All submissions will be selected and evaluated in three rounds (Qualifying Round, Development Round and Final Round).
- In the Qualifying round, contestants only need to up to 200 words with storyline and drawings of 3 characters.
- In the Development Round, contestants will participate in a workshop on developing script content from Film Directors / Film Producers. Contestants are required to record their own creation process and the organizers will post it on COMINK’s platforms for voting. Candidates must complete at least 10 pages of stories. The results of the round will be selected by the judges and the audience with the corresponding ratio of 70:30.
- In the Final Round, contestants have the opportunity to attend a workshop on drawing comics from University Art Lecturers. Contestants will record their own creation process and submit it with their entries. Candidates will be interviewed personally about their submitted work. At this time, contestants will have to complete a one-shot work of at least 30 pages to enter the Finals. The results of the Final Round will be selected by the judges and the audience with the corresponding ratio of 70:30.
Audience votes are calculated based on the total views accumulated from all COMINK’s platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram & Tiktok).
- Round #1 (Qualifying Round): Up to 200 words with storyline/major details and drawings of 3 main charaters.
- Round #2 (Development Round): Complete sketching of at least 10-pages
- Round #3 (Final Round):A complete one-shot story (black-and-white or color) of at least 30 pages, including cover.
All topics are accepted, except those that attack religion, politics, gender, specific groups or individuals, distort and attack history. In addition, topics related to violence and sex will be strictly censored in terms of images and words and must be labeled with sensitive labels.
Style & Tool:
Free. Read direction: From left to right, from top to bottom.
An avatar of 600 x 600px.
How to register for the contest:
After the candidate registers, the organizers will send a successful confirmation message. Candidates fill in the registration form and submit it via email: email@example.com.
BOARD OF JUDGES & PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Founder of Saigonink Tattoo Studio
Deputy Head of the Department of Basic Fine Arts Lecturer in Graphic Design at Van Lang University
Deputy Director of Center for Applied Arts at HCMC University of Fine Artts
Director of the foundation art program, Lecturer in Graphic Design at Hoa Sen University
Lecturer of Comics Department at HCMC University of Fine Arts, Director of Digital Arts Program at Hoa Sen University
Silver Award at International Manga Award, Judge of Pops bonus program, Vietnam Webtoon Contest, Illustrator Contest Asia
Founder, VFS Supervisor at Bad Clay Studio
Artist, Photographer, Drawing, Painter at 2E Collection
PROMOTION OF THE CONTEST & ARTWORKS:
- Contestants who pass the Qualifying and Preliminary rounds are required to record their own composition progress. The video will be edited and uploaded to COMINK’s social platforms (Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube).
- After agreeing to participate in the Contest, each author must share information about COMINK COMIC CONTEST 2022 on his/her social networking site (share articles from COMINK, post new articles…) at least once a month.
- This sharing of the author is one of the mandatory conditions when participating in the Contest and to increase the chances of receiving the prize for voting the work with the most views.
- The author is responsible for providing this information about his posting and sharing to COMINK as a basis for verifying that the author is eligible to receive money for the award for voting the work with the most views.
- Participating in the Contest, the artworks will have the opportunity to be promoted on COMINK’s social platforms.
✅ Idea (20%): Theme, main content of the story.
✅ Narrative (30%):
- 10%: Story structure, storytelling, arrangement of details;
- 10%: Attractiveness, how to lead viewers’ emotions;
- 10%: Clear, coherent, concise
✅ Design (40%):
- 10%: Character design, character expression;
- 10%: Layout, presentation of the story page. Color, emotional effect through color, text effect;
- 20%: Coherence, transitions, smoothness.
✅ Interaction skills (10%): Meet the requirements for Promotion of Contests & Artworks.